Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Return to Chamonix

Canmore Alberta has some interesting weather... to say the least.  Every May long weekend, which is also the closeing weekend for most of the ski areas around here Canmore will recieve almost a 1 meter of snow!!   This year I strategically placed my self in Squamish for the the may long weekend hoping i could avoid shoveling my car off one last time.  Sure enough Squamish was great, rock climbing, good friends and we actually even made it out skiing one day (Husume Coloir off Blackcomb - Was horrible!!!)   Thinking I dodged the annual spring storm i headed back to Canmore to pack and start making my way to Chamonix France for the summer.   Sure enough first night back i awoke to 10cm of new snow on the ground!! WTF!  Thats it!  i book my ticket for that monday the soonest departure possible thinking there is now way it will be snowing in Chamonix its only snowed 3 times into the valley in 2011.   First morning in Cham its puking!!  Snowflakes the size of loonies.   I just cant seem to escape winter.  And the real problem now is that i dont have skiis with my to at least squeeze one more day in.   Going to Ceuse........

These the some of the sights you can normally see from town....  not now



Aigulles du Chamonix

Petit Dru

Mont Blanc

No comments:

Post a Comment