Saturday, June 12, 2010

Swizz Land

Off to swizzterland to do a week of guiding but on the way out Canadian brethren and I went out Grindelwald with hopes of going sport climbing on the Eiger North face. The weather was as you could have guessed, not soo good so we retreaed to sporting climbing in the valley.
If you have never been, the swiss alps are definitly one of the most amazingly beautufuil places I have ever been. Full alpine vistas.
- Also along the way found what might be my new prefered rest day activity. Euro rally driving- I have rented a little black "sports" car and I think driving in Europe might be more fun that the climbing.


Eiger North Face


Route Marker at a crag near Grimmewald


Josh plotting his way to Zermatt under the cliff that the Town of Grimmenwald sits on top of


Grimmenwald


Cows on the 600m single track road up to the sport cragging cliff Hildisberg down valley from Grindelwald


Josh climbing at Hildisberg




They named a town after me, how nice

No comments:

Post a Comment